Future of Licensure Taskforce
CPA Future of Licensure Taskforce
The CPA Future of Licensure Task Force is a group of diverse voices, representing perspectives and knowledge from across the physiotherapy community and the continuum of education and practice. The Taskforce will help to qualify and report on the experiences of the profession through the licensure crisis and will identify barriers and opportunities to achieve a national approach for the future of entry to independent practice.
The Taskforce will consist of 8–10 members, representing perspectives and knowledge from across the physiotherapy community and continuum of education and practice. Consideration will be made for incorporating gender and ethnic diversity, geographical representation, lived experience and expertise in various practice settings.
- At least one member who is a physiotherapy student/resident in, or a recent graduate from, an accredited PT program in Canada. CPA National Student Assembly president may fulfill this position or nominate a representative.
- At least one member who currently holds interim licensure and, due to the PCE-CC licensure delays/cancellations, has been unable to obtain an independent license to practice in their jurisdiction (IEPT or CTPT)
- At least one member who is an internationally educated PT (IEPT)
- One to two members of the physiotherapy academic community
- One to two representatives from the CPA Branches
- At least one member who is a PT practising in the community and/or private practice sector
- At least one member who is a PT practising in the public sector
- At least one member who is a PT with >5 years experience in the clinical supervision of physiotherapy students/new graduates