Care that reduces risk of unintended harm to patients as a result of physiotherapy services.
Here’s Why Patient Safety is Important
Sandi N. Kossey, PT, BScPT, MHA, Senior Director, Canadian Patient Safety Institute
CPA Leadership Division Executive Committee Member since 2014, CPA Member since 1998
“Although it has been 15 years since I worked in a clinical setting, I can remember every face, name, and diagnosis of every patient I have ever inadvertently harmed.
Don’t get me wrong, I was not a bad therapist, I was an EXTREMELY GOOD therapist. I am no different than you. But I will tell you that you can, and likely will, contribute in some way to unsafe care for the patients, clients, and residents for whom you intend to do your very best…” Read More
- Patients for Patient Safety Canada (1:50 minutes)
- CPSI- Patient Video (multiple, various lengths)
- CPSI- Provider Videos (multiple, various lengths)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association position statement
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- CPSI- Tools and Resources
- CPSI- Education and Professional Development
- CPSI- Engaging Patients in Patient Safety: A Canadian Guide