Care that is developed in partnership with patients, that is respectful and responsive to individual patient needs, values, and preferences.
If You Want to Deliver Real, Evidence-Based Medicine, Read This
Trisha Parsons, PT, PHD, Associate Professor, Queen’s University, AMS Phoenix Fellow, CPA Member 1996
“When I was first asked to write about patient-centered care. I thought of this story to tell: After the birth of my first son, I was in hospital for an unprecedented six days post-delivery. Suffice it to say, I had a number of complications.
He was born a week before Christmas, and I quickly recognized that this meant we would experience a continual turnover in staff, many of whom were not native to the obstetric floor. Every eight hours, there was a new nurse to greet me…” Read More.
- Roadmap for patient and family engagement (4:57 minutes)
- Patient & Family Centered Care: Moments that Make all the Difference (4:51 minutes)
- Don Berwick – What Patient Centred Care Really Means (3:05 minutes)
- What Influences Patient-Therapist Interactions in Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy? Qualitative Systematic Review and Meta-Synthesis.
- A Roadmap for Patient and Family Engagement in Healthcare
- The eight principles of patient-centred care
- The British Columbia Patient-Centered Care Framework
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement – Patient and Family Engagement